A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 34: October 4, 2011


So... uhm, yeah. Posting a blog every day is going reh-he-he-heeeallly well, wouldn't you say? 
But hey, as long as I get to my 365 goal and I cross it off of my Bucket list I will be a happy camper. Even if it takes years, but seriously, it better not. 
What has changed since my last post...
Dorm food still sucks. (Not that I'm expecting that to ever really change.)
I've discovered that my roommate has a laugh that could probably annoy even the most peaceful and loving person on this planet. I'm talking Ghandi would drop-kick her if he ever heard it. (JK LEAH<3)
Parking has gotten a bit better, I'm guessing the dumb people who kept parking in our lot without a permit finally got tired of getting tickets every day. Hoorayyyy.
I've learned that if I ever live in a dorm again, I do not want community bathrooms. Ever. Ever ever. Like, for real I don't know why Leah talked me into this. I've already experienced wildlife (a tiny gecko), girls who think they are the next American Idol, that awkward moment when you're already in the shower and you realize that you forgot your towel down the hall in your room. Just overall, not worth it.
And as time has gone on I have continued to learn who my true friends are. Those who said they were going to stay in touch, but have yet to say a word. Or the ones you thought were some of your best friends and they barely speak to you. But I have to say some of the best parts of college so far has been meeting all of the new people and making friends. I already have some friends in a few of my classes that I know are going to help get me into some kind of trouble (like getting us completely lost in Dallas, cough cough), but it will keep things exciting I'm sure!

I'm sure I have said it before, but I'll say it again. I feel like I have learned more in these few months of college than I learned in my four years of high school. I feel like I've also learned a lot more about myself as well, and everyone's always telling me that that's what college is all about. 
Oh, and I guess one more big change would be that I now have a boyfriend, Garrett. Who has not only been a fantastic boyfriend so far, but even before that proved to be an amazing friend to me. He's one of those people who always sees things the way they truly are, and that may not make sense to anyone, but he'll get it. If he's reading this... hi Garrett. I'm learning a lot from him (mostly how to appreciate country music -__-) but he also shows me that I deserve to stand up for myself, and that I deserve true happiness too. Anyway, before this gets tooooo sappy. I just want to say that Garrett makes me happy each and every day, and I can only hope to repay him for all that he's already done for me.

So yeah, that's pretty much where I am.
Now, I need to study and do some homework. And sleep if there's time.

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment