A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 35: October 23, 2011



Oh, hi there. Nice to see you again. I've missed you. Well, by that I guess I really mean that I miss the days when I used to actually have time to do this blogging thing every day. 
I miss the days when things were so simple. I mean, of course at the time none of it seemed simple because in high school you strive for drama. But now... I could do without it, and be perfectly content. But alas, without complications what would keep life so exciting? hmm? 
Are you happy in life, at this very moment.
 Are you happy?
I asked my friend Ben this question just randomly one day, as nothing serious I just wanted to see what he would say. And Ben being the supermegaawesome person that he is said he was, in fact, happy. He then returned the question to me and I replied with something along the lines of hell no! (Our dorm's fire alarm was going off for the third week in a row and I was left waiting outside in the heat with my huge bag of laundry.) Which (kind of) jokingly, left me very unhappy with life. 
"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change." -Barbara de Angelis

I found this quote on google earlier today, and it stuck out to me because this is where I find a huge fault within myself. So often I let others hinder my happiness. Mind you, that also goes the other way around. Without the select few who I am lucky enough to call my friends, I would not know the kind of joy, care, and laughter that I do today. But I really do let what others say or do to me get to me too much. I forget that I am the one who is truly in control of my own happiness. People hurting you, or betraying your trust is simply inevitable, but you have the ability to control how much you let it effect you. 
I had a moment today when I was getting upset over a certain situation and then one of my best friends just sent me something simple and it made me laugh, and I'm talking one of those from the gut laughs. And it dawned on me, why focus on the people who hurt you and let you down when on the other hand you have people who can make you belly laugh?! I mean HELLO?! We, as far as I know, have one life to live. And I don't know about you but I want to spend as many of my days being as truly happy as I can. 

"EVERY MOMENT IS A GIFT.
     SPEND IT ON THINGS THAT MATTER."
              -Unknown

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.






 jkhkjhjkhjkjkdsakjb


No comments:

Post a Comment