A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 2: July 16, 2011


Today was a day filled with music.
I woke up this morning and was greeted with the news that the organist we've had at our church for 60+ years had passed away. Dale was one of the kindest and soft spoken men I have ever met, but man was he gifted when it came to music. For the ten years that my family has been at our church he has been up at the front, playing that organ like there was no tomorrow... and by the time he was done there wouldn't be a butt left in a pew, everyone would be on their feet for him. Aside from his musical legend that will truly be in our hearts forever, my favorite memories of Dale will be our silent elevator rides on Sunday mornings. For some reason my schedule and his always had us meeting up for the same elevator ride, and we never shared more than a few words but he always would give me the kindest smile.
Dale Peters, thank you for blessing our lives with your music. Rest in Peace.

"Music has the power to move a person between different realities: from a broken body into a soaring spirit, from a broken heart into a connection of shared love, from death into the memory and movement of life. Music has the power to touch the heart."-Deforia Lane

Music has always been such a big part of my life. I've always said that I would never want to live in a world without it. It's the first thing I hear when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I hear at night. Music is a powerful thing... And trying to explain what exactly it is about it that impacts us so deeply is difficult. I sometimes wish that I could speak through music, because words don't always do justice. I'm not saying that I want my life to become High School Musical... Oh Lord.... But there are moments, that Mumford and Sons does a hell of a better job speaking for me than I ever could. Just a thought.

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment