A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 3: July 17, 2011


"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."-Peter Ustinov



I consider myself to be extremely lucky. I am surrounded by love in my life, and I would like to think that I do my best to surround those around me with the love that I have to give. Although I don't always do my best, I do try. Now endless forgiveness... that's something I'm not so good at. I agree whole-heartedly with the saying "Forgive and Forget"... but just because I agree with it doesn't mean I'm so great at actually doing it.
I think my problem is that I get too caught up in my emotions sometimes that I forget to just sit back and breathe and really just let go of things. When I get hurt by someone I tend to cling onto that hate that I feel towards them instead of just letting go. But what good does that do? If they made the mistake in the first place, do you really think they care if you're still hurting from it now? NO. So why hold onto it, the only person it's hurting is you.

So I'm challenging myself, and anyone else to let go of whatever it is that's still weighing down on your heart.

Write that person a letter and tear it up, smash a plate, smash a few watermelons. :) Whatever you need to do to let it go, do it.
And watch yourself be free to love fully again.

"The past is behind us,
love is in front and all around us."
-Emme Woodhull-Bache

No comments:

Post a Comment