A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 4: July 18, 2011

I spent a lot of today driving. And by driving, I really mean getting lost.
My roommate and I had this big day planned out that we were going to go to Ikea and hit up all of these other stores out of town, the only problem was that neither of us knew how to get to these places. Well, because my car windows are currently covered with shoe polish >=/ she offered to drive since that would be safer. So around 10am we set out, two girls... one GPS ready to conquer the unknown! However, that GPS was not as all-knowing as we thought it was, and it pointed us in the wrong direction a couple of times. (granted one of those might have been a human error... but whatever.) Eventually, no matter how frustrated we were or how completely lost we felt.. we always made it to our destination.
(Sappy warning) All of today's driving really got me thinking. When I first got my license I remember being so scared of driving, I mostly blame my drivers ed. teacher for that. But as I have grown up I have grown to absolutely love it, aside from the price of gas, but that's a whole other rant. But any time I find my mind clouded with something I love to just get in my car, and drive. Without any means of a destination, without any assistance from a GPS. But above all, my favorite thing about the drives I go on is that it allows me to discover new places, and notice things that I may have driven past for 10 years but never took the time to really see.
I love the freedom and the escape that driving gives me.
Notice what's around you!

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment