A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 12: August 2, 2011

Welcome to my day.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible,
but not simpler."
 -Albert Einstein

Ah, and so my first dog picture has apeared. When I took this picture earlier today I knew that it had to be shared!
I don't really have much to say today. I've been in a weird funk for the past couple of days, I don't know if its from the trip or from being sick or what. I spent most of today working on cleaning out my room. And it's been pretty weird going through it and finding things that I haven't seen in ten years.  And thinking that in just 19 days I'm going to be moving out. But spending the day cooped up in my room let me have time to just think...and it was kind of nice not to have any real distractions. (Obviously Zoey wasn't one!!)
I got to thinking about why we get so stressed out about things. I made a list of things that I was stressed out about in my head, and it took me only moments to think of at least ten things. Friends, my health, school, church, family, my car, ect. And I thought about the real reasons of why those things were bothering me, the thing they all had in common? None of them were really in my control.
So I figure that I have two ways to go about these stresses. I can dwell in them, lay awake at night and wonder why things don't happen the way I want them to. Or I can pick up my head, realize that no matter what THINGS WILL BE OKAY, and keep on keeping on. Personally, I choose the later. Sure sometimes the stress is unavoidable, but you just have to find a way to deal and move on.
Or we can all take after Zoey, apparently she's got all the answers.


LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment