A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 19: August 9, 2011

Can I get a collective AWWWWW!

SORRY about yesterdays post... I still have NO idea what was wrong with the site and why it wouldn't let me post it. But if you didn't catch it, I did post an actual blog last night... it's over on my facebook page. Check it out!

Moving right along.....
So tonight's blog is going to be about my day, because I'm running out of time and today was a pretty good day.
I started off the day by going to UNT with Preston to drop off my transcript. We happened to find a freaking awesome parking spot (which is like, absolutely unheard of on campus!!) AND there was still 47 minutes left in the parking meter. But we decided to put in another quarter just in case. Funny thing was, our "business" took less than five minutes. So... we decided to look at it like we were "Paying it Forward" (great movie by the way) for the next person to happen upon that parking spot. Then we got distracted by the Chicken Express that is on campus, and went inside to get their Jumbo sweet teas, but they were out. FAIL. After that Preston challenged me to direct him to my dorm, this is funny because I will be moving there in 12 days!! Annnd I still have trouble locating it on that campus. But after about 10 minutes of driving around we found it by me saying "oh look! that one's three stories and looks like crap, I think that's it!" =) Then Preston and I just drove around town for a little bit, talking about thrift stores, grandparents we don't know, and how happy we are to be out of high school. And then we realized we're going to be moving out of our houses in just 12 days! SO CRAZY!
Skipping ahead about 4 hours, my friend Chelsy is back in town and we decided to go on a walk because we convinced ourselves it felt nice outside... ha...ha... But we sat at the park and talked for a few hours, just catching up. I listened to her talk about her boyfriend, with the biggest smile on her face the whole time. I don't think there's a better feeling then finally seeing your friends being in a good relationship that they deserve. (Hey Chels, I know you're reading this... so CRAZY NIKKI! hahaha) 
But I think my favorite part about today was that I have grown up so much with both Preston and Chelsy, and it's so exciting to think that all three of us are about to start this new chapter in our lives, and we're all still together. But so much is different. Chelsy and I talked about something today that I think is so important for everyone to come to terms with at some point in their lives, and the sooner the better. And it is this; life happens.. people are going to come in and out of your life, some are going to hurt you, some are going to change you for the better. But the thing is you really don't have any control over other people. You just have to let life happen. Because when you do, when you just let go... some amazing things come out of it. You make friends that will somehow stick with you through all the drama of high school and will be there to make fun of you when you can't find where your dorm is. Or friends who can tell sit on a park bench with you for hours and just talk, and be perfectly content.
Let life happen.
P.S.- For everyone who is asking Preston and I are not dating. Boys and girls are allowed to be just friends. I don't know when that rule ever changed.

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment