A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 13: August 3, 2011


I got this quote from the movie The Chaos Theory, staring Ryan Reynolds. (If anyone has Netflix, it's on there fo free so I definitely recommend it!) It was a good movie and I liked the story of it, but this quote came at the very end, I must admit that I did take a few sentences out because unless you've seen the movie then they won't make sense. But I absolute love it, and it's stuck with me for the past couple of weeks.

"The most important thing about love
is that we choose to give it,
and we choose to receive it.
Making it the least random act in the entire Universe.
IT MAKES US HUMAN."

A life without love is not a life worth living, just like a day without laughter is a day wasted. It all sounds like the biggest cliche, but in the end it's the truest thing I've heard all day. It's always strange to sit back at the end of the day and think back to all of the people whom you've interacted with, and think of how they are going to remember you because of today. Would you be remembered for some random act of kindness at the store? Would you be remembered for cutting them off on the highway? Is it possible to make yourself be remembered for your love even if you only met the person for a moment?
Lets see, today I woke up, played with my dogs for a while... so I hope they know I love them.
I cleaned my room for a while, I don't think my room has feelings... :)
Then I went to Old Navy, tried on some clothes... left the ones I didn't want in the dressing room, probably annoying someone who works there.
So hopefully, I did okay today on the whole idea of spreading my love. But I hope you understand what idea I'm trying to get across. I don't want anyone to be in the mentality that "live as if this were your last moment" because that's always sort of weirded me out to think that I could die at any moment and whatever. But just be conscious that anytime you meet someone, even if it's only for a moment, that could be how they remember you forever. So make it count!


"IN THIS LIFE WE CANNOT ALWAYS DO GREAT THINGS,
BUT WE CAN ALWAYS DO SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE."
             -Mother Teresa

"KIND WORDS CAN BE SHORT AND EASY TO SPEAK,
BUT THEIR ECHOS ARE TRULY ENDLESS."
          -Unknown

"Drifting off to sleep, I thought about how nobody is perfect. How you just have to close your eyes and breathe out, and let the puzzle of the human heart be what it is."



                                                               LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment