A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 24: August 15, 2011

MY DEAR HOGWARTS FRIEND <3

Alright, before I start this letter... go to youtube and type in "Edward Sharpe& The Magnetic Zeros- Home" Because that's what I'm listening to as I'm writing you this, and I just love that song! It's the one that has a picture of people jumping in the air with the sun setting in the background, I'm romantic..I know!
Anyway Jen, I am so stinkin' glad that I got to see you today. I wish I would have known more in advance so I could have written you an actual letter or something, but this will simply have to do my dear. (I would have said all of this in person, but I didn't want to break up the serious leg shaving that was going on... I mean seriously, I didn't want to be THAT person ;))
Jen, Otter, Hogwarts (If I may call you that) I don't want you to take this lightly, but I honestly don't think I would have been able to have gotten through this year without you. You were there in Aquatic Science every other day to listen to me b---- about how awful hospitals are, how pissed off I was with my doctors, or just to listen to me complain about everything that was happening. And you were there to back me up, to get all gangster and threaten to put a beat-down on those damn doctors if they didn't hurry their little tests up. But most importantly you were just THERE for me. You were there to help me laugh, you were there to help me cry, and you were there to help me take humiliating pictures that I'm sure will come back to haunt us in the years to come, because let's be honest.. that's what we're best at.
But I still remember the first day of that class, before any of my sickness had begun, and we were just two friends who had grown apart but who were extremely excited to have the opportunity to mend things back together. But I am blessed to say that we got so much more than that, you made an irreversible impact on my life Jen. With every godawful picture, with every outrageous text, and with every Aquatic Science joke, there is a memory to go with it that I know I will keep forever.
Thank you for defining friendship, for showing what it truly means to love. I only hope that I will be able to repay you. <3
As you leave tomorrow I hope you know that you have sososososo many people thinking about you and loving you. And we all know that you are going to change the world for the better, because well, that's what you do best Jen.
I stinkin' love you.

P.S.- Rub your legs for me right now, and smile.mmhmmm that's nice. hahaha

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment