A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 28: August 23, 2011


Dorm living, awww yeahhhh! I am loving it! It's been an adventure, I can say that! Moving in was a task, and reminded me that one day I would really like to move to a state that is much cooler than Texas (temperature wise, that is.) Luckily everyone around was really nice and we ran into this really nice guy who helped us with all of our heavy boxes. Once everything was in and our parents were gone it finally hit Leah and I that this was the start of our new beginning that we had been waiting for, and it was a great moment.
We then spent the next six hours being girls, putting away all of our clothes, and decorating the walls. Because if you know me, I can't stand to look at a blank wall! I wish I could do a panaramic picture so you guys could see our full room because most of the decorations are on the sides of where I was standing, but I figured this was the typical view.
So far we've just been hanging around, watching movies, getting groceries and more decorations, and sleeping! The only downside to our dorm so far has been that our cafeteria is under construction, and we were told this morning that it probably won't be done until January. So for now, three times a day (ideally, of course.) we have to walk 10 minutes across campus to a different dorm to get our grub on. But I guess that will just help us avoid that freshman 15lbs, right?
Overall, things have been going really well. We have one more free day until classes start on Thursday! And I just have to say PARKING AT UNT SUCKSSSSSSS! But everyday is a learning experience, and I am thankful for it. I'm excited for this year and everything that it will bring.
Also, I don't know if my blogs will include picture for a while. I can't get my Mac to put them on here. (I ran home to grab a few things from my room, and to post this on my old laptop) So, be patient until I can have some Mac genius show me how it's done.
I hope everyone who has already started school is having a good time, and to those who start later this week, stay positive and everything will be okay!

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment