A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 25: August 16, 2011


Today's blog will be short and sweet just like the little tyke I spent the day with! 
It was a great day, although I must admit I had forgotten (and gladly at that) what 7am looked and felt like. But after a few episodes of Spongebob and some much needed chocolate cookies, we were off for our day full of adventures!
It was so nice to just spend that day not being worried about anything, and just getting caught up in little kid world again. Seeing the innocence in everything. My favorite part of the day was going to lunch and finally having the power to be that awesome adult who says "yes" when the kid asks can I go play on the playground? And then watching him run off and go make friends with all of the other kids who were in there playing. It amazes me how quickly kids accept each other, no matter the color of their skin, no matter their age, no matter what their wearing. If they're willing to play, they're best friends. So he spent a good 30 minutes just playing on the playground, while I sat inside just watching him. It made me admire, and miss being a kid so much. Not having to worry about so much, the biggest thing he had to worry about was how many more times I was going to tell him "just 5 more minutes".
Overall, it was just a great day. Although I couldn't get him to play along to my "packing game"... we still had an awesome time! However, tomorrow I am going on lock-down, and getting things done for real.


LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment