A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 30: August 26, 2011

PARKING SUCKS.
DORM FOOD...MEH.
HEAT SUCKS.
ANNOYING FAN THAT WON'T STOP MAKING NOISES ALL DAY SUCKS.

EVERYTHING ELSE=AWESOME.

So I have now been through my first two days of college classes, and so far they seem to be pretty freaking awesome. I admit that I am looking forward to some more than others, but all in all they're looking great. And as far as our dorms location, I must say that it freaking rocks. Because we're pretty much right at the center of campus. So at most it takes me about 10 minutes to walk to each of my classes. One thing that's way different from high school is the size of the classes, I'm used to maybe 25-30 kids in a class. But walking into History with Leah and seeing like 60-75 seats filled was insane. And in my Theatre Appreciation class our teacher said we were expecting 102 students! I only had one class today so that was pretty awesome, and it was English, with only about 25 students even more awesome. And I have a feeling that it's going to quickly become my favorite class. I've always loved English, and writing and reading and all that jazz. But 1. our teacher just seemed genuine and fantastic and 2. when she was talking about what all we would be doing throughout the course it wasn't all about writing papers and doing research. It was about learning, and discovering more each day about ourselves, and who we are and about the world around us. And I just thought that was really cool. Because THAT'S what I want to do, THAT'S what I want to take away from a class at the end of the day. So, I'll keep you updated on that I'm sure.
Dorm life has been, fun. It's been so amazing to finally be on my own. It's been kind of weird when you just have those moments when you realize that you don't have anyone checking up on you anymore. That you're responsible for yourself now. But it's been great! I thought the community bathrooms were going to be a challenge, but they haven't been so bad.. Not going to lie, my sleep schedule has been a little funky just because we like to stay up and hang out and watch movies and stuff, but when classes get a bit more serious I'm sure that will change. But yeah, dorm food... meh.
And parking still sucks. That won't ever change.
Overall, I'm calling this a very successful first week. It's been stressful, overwhelming, but most of all just flat out fun. And I definitely have memories and stories that I know I will remember and tell for the rest of my life, and in my book... that's what counts.
LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment