A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 22: August 13, 2011


I missed a post yesterday, so sorry! I had every intention to write it before I headed out to Bridgeport but I failed to find the time to do so and by the time I got home it was already today. I have a feeling in the weeks to come I am going to miss a few more, not on purpose, but just with trying to get everything ready to move out, and trying to spend time with some friends before they all leave I'm finding it difficult to balance out my time. Enough excuses.
I took this picture Thursday afternoon I believe, and it's quite refreshing because although I love to see a sunny, bright blue sky I love the dark and gloomy days every now and then. And I know we all enjoyed what little rain we got! So I thought I would share this photo in hopes that we could all relive the beauty of the brief coolness and downpour we got to enjoy.
In so many novels authors use storms as metaphors, beautiful ones at that. To show anger, to show grief, to show longing, but my favorite is to show a way of being cleansed. I mean, first off when it rains I'm usually just really thankful that it's finally raining since here in Texas we go so long without it sometimes. But when I get past that, I like to think about what I could let wash away with this storm..
I know we may not be due for another storm for a little bit, but what would you let wash away?
Think about it, and let it go.
You'll be glad that you did, trust me.



LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment