A collection of photos and thoughts over the span of a year to see the beauty of life as it changes each day.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 14: August 4, 2011


"There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:
This is me damn it!
I look the way I look, think the way I think,
feel the way I feel, love the way I love!
I am a whole complex package.
Take me... or leave me.
Accept me- or walk away!
DO NOT try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold.
If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.

When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad- you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you."
-Stacey Charter

I was looking through some of my old pictures today and came across this one and thought up a good topic to go along with it. I remember the day I took this picture, it was the 4th of July last year. My youth group was doing an event on the Square where we would walk around and give out "Free Compliments". It was a really cool experience because it forced people out of their comfort zones, it made you interact with a complete stranger and reach out to them with genuine kindness and only hope that they respond in a positive way, and most did.
But I don't think of that day when I see this picture. When I look at this picture it makes me think about how much we change ourselves to make others happy. Whether it's something small like the clothes we wear, or something bigger like our actions. And we all do it! Even after we realize that it isn't right, we continue to do it.. maybe because we're afraid of being the outsider. Who knows, it's different for everyone because we're all in different situations. But I can almost guarantee that everyone who reads this can think of at least on situation/relationship they have been in that they have had to change themselves in order to make another person happy. But the fact of the matter is, that just isn't right.
If you are friends with someone, or in a relationship with someone who is wanting you to be someone that you're not... then you shouldn't have ever been with them in the first place.
I hope that you don't have to read my blog to be told that. But if you do, then let me tell you that there are people who love you for YOU. All of your flaws and imperfections make you beautiful, and if others can't see that, then quite frankly they aren't worth your time.
See the beauty in imperfection.
Love yourself 100%, learn from your mistakes.
Have no regrets.

LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE WASTEFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment